Sport Medicine Centre - Downtown Winnipeg
Physical Therapists are allied health professionals who treat people for muscle, bone, and joint conditions impairing or limiting their ability to move and perform activities of daily living, or in sport and recreational activities. They help athletes, children, and the community return to work and play after injury, surgery, or illness.
Therapists working in Sport Medicine and Orthopaedics complete a comprehensive initial assessment and create a plan of care to get you back to the activities you desire; whether that means getting back to work, running a 5k, or competing at a high performance level.
Your program might include:
• Individualized exercise prescription program to reverse muscular imbalances that often result in injury; improving coordination and improve flexibility
• Functional movement training to maximize your body awareness and how your body moves through space
• Functional exercise program
• Education regarding activity modification, body mechanics, anatomy, and the pathology or your particular injury
• Return to activity, return to sport, and return to work long term planning for every patient
• Joint mobilization and myofascial release as indicated
• Pain relieving modalities such as ultrasound and muscle stimulation as indicated
• High Performance Assessment
• Acupuncture and Govaki Transverse Technique
• Custom Orthotics
In Manitoba, you don’t need a doctor’s referral to see a physiotherapist in a private clinic. Extended health plans usually cover physiotherapy treatment. Contact your private health insurance provider to learn more about your unique physical therapy benefits.
Initial Assessment: $87.55
Concussion Initial Assessment: $120.00
High Performance Assessments with Baseline Test: $135.00
High Perfromance Assessments: $120.00
Follow-up Appointments: $70.00
Golf Medicine Program
Initial Assessment: $130.00
Follow-ups will be on a time base
To book an appointment, please email or call (204) 925-5944.