• The Power Smart Manitoba Games follow the Olympic cycle, taking place every two years, alternating between summer and winter events.
• The program is administered by Sport Manitoba and implemented by the Manitoba Games Council.
• Sport Manitoba, Manitoba's corporate community, participant registration fees and local fundraising efforts fund the program.
• 1200 volunteers are trained to operate a multi-sport event.
• The provincial host community benefits from in excess of $150,000 in sport facility capital upgrades.
• There is an opportunity for a monetary surplus at the completion of the Games. Previous financial legacies have ranged from $10,000 to $100,000.
• 1800 participants and a large number of family members contribute to an economic impact of over one million dollars on the host community.