Sport Manitoba's programs support the broad spectrum of sport to meet the needs of all Manitobans: from grassroots participation and community development, to the highest levels and achievements of athletes, coaches, and officials.
Sport Manitoba programs:
- Enable participation through KidSport.
- Support Women in Sport initiatives.
- Prepare Team Manitoba for best ever performances in Interprovincial Games.
- Bring participants from across the province together for the Power Smart Manitoba Games.
- Recognize and celebrate the achievements of Manitobans through our annual sport awards, annual coach awards, and the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame.
- Provide direct assistance to enhance the development of Manitoba's outstanding athletes and coaches through Athlete Assistance and Coach development.
- Serve the province and promote healthy living in the province through enhanced participation, development, and achievement in sport through our Community Sport Development programs.
- Increase the level and range of participation in sport within Manitoba’s remote, isolated, and inner urban communities through the Canada-Manitoba Sport Development Agreement. This is especially important among Manitoba’s Aboriginal and new immigrant populations.
- Help children learn the fundamentals of movement that make kids confident and competent in life and sport through our newest program: Fit Kids Healthy Kids. The program focuses on developing leaders and teaching adults about the importance of physical literacy.
- Build a strong network for our athletes with a disability through our Athletes with a Disability program.