On November 5, 2016, five athletes, two builders and two teams will be inducted into the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame at the 37th Annual Induction Ceremony at the Victoria Inn in Winnipeg. The 2016 inductees are:
- Dr. Cal Botterill, Sport Medicine/Builder
- Jim Heighton, All Round, Athlete
- Alanna (Yakiwchuk) Hinrichsen, Athletics, Athlete
- Joey Johnson, Wheelchair Basketball, Athlete
- Mike Keane, Hockey, Athlete
- Rhiannon Leier-Blacher, Swimming, Athlete
- John Reilly, Rugby, Builder
- 1971-74 University of Winnipeg Wesmen, Volleyball, Team
- 1985 Bob Ursel Team, Curling, Team
These nine recipients join our exclusive group of Honoured Members who represent Manitoba’s finest in sport,” says Jamie Kraemer, President of the Hall of Fame’s Board of Directors. "This is an exceptional and well-deserving slate, as these inductees personify the type of excellence and achievement we strive to celebrate, showcase and preserve at the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame."
Tickets for the Induction Dinner go on sale September 1, 2016.