Our partners at the Anti-Racism in Sport Campaign are hosting a two-day virtual conference on Jan. 22 and Feb. 5, 2022. This conference will examine the perspectives, experiences, and barriers that historically excluded groups experience in sport as well as some of the ways organizations can make sport more inclusive.
The sessions will have presentations that address barriers to participation that include:
- 2SLGBTQ+ community
- First Nations, Métis Nation, Black, racialized, and religious minority groups
- Newcomers, immigrants, and refugees
- Women and girls
- Persons with a disability
Saturday, Jan. 22, 2022
Saturday, Feb. 5, 2022
This section will be updated with more details as they become available.
Jan. 22 Presenters
- Winnipeg Newcomer Sport Academy
- Rainbow Resource Centre and Out There Winnipeg
- Disability sport stakeholders, including: Manitoba Possible, Accessible Sport Connection, Manitoba Deaf Sports Association, and Manitoba Wheelchair Sport Association
Feb. 5 Presenters
- Isabelle Aube – Manitoba Aboriginal Sports and Recreation Council
- A presentation on women and girls in sport
- A presentation from the Anti-Racism in Sport Campaign
Registration for this event is required. To register, visit the link below and follow the Eventbrite link on the Anti-Racism in Sport Campaign’s webpage.