Sport Manitoba collaborates Active Aging in Manitoba, (formerly known as the Active Living Coalition for Older Adults in Manitoba ALCOA_MB), to showcase opportunities for older Manitobans at the Canada Games Sport for Life Centre. We are jointly hosting the second annual Active Aging in Manitoba Expo: Toward Sport for Life on Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
Here's a look back on our first ever event in 2018:
Active Aging in Manitoba Expo: Toward Sport for Life
When: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, from 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Where: Canada Games Sport for Life Centre, 145 Pacific Avenue, Winnipeg
What: Discover how you can get involved in activities and programs that will inspire your personal wellness and contribute to your health. Come to see interactive demonstrations and booths that identify community resources available to you. Try out different MB 55+ Games activities and explore the Canada Games Sport for Life Centre, including free fitness classes (pre-register below) and a visit to the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame! We'll also give away free prizes like a massage and free gym membership, plus coffee and snacks. This event is a part of a national celebration of aging as Canadians from coast to coast to coast celebrate National Seniors’ & Elders’ Day to kick-off Seniors’ and Elders’ Month in October.
Who: Manitobans aged 55+
Cost: Admission is FREE and open to Everyone!
We provide a FREE indoor bike parking option within our parkade - bring your own lock. Check your bike in at our front reception desk, 145 Pacific Avenue.
The City of Winnipeg transit stop is 10800 Eastbound Pacific at Martha featuring Routes 11, 21, 22, 24, 25, 28, 31, 33, 39, 58 & 67.
Access our indoor, heated parkade off Alexander Avenue - click here for a map. We have over 80 stalls for public use at $2 for the first hour, and only $1 for each additional half hour.
Prizes and Discounts
- Win a gym membership ($259 value)
- Win a massage ($80 value)
- One day only deals on personal training, fitness programs and memberships
List of Exhibits
- Active Aging in Manitoba
- Basketball Manitoba
- Bee Wellness for Older Adults
- Bridge Manitoba
- Canadian Deprescribing
- Caregiving with Confidence
- Centre de sante Saint-Boniface
- Canadian Footwear
- Diabetes Canada
- Diamond Athletic Medical Supplies Inc.
- Experience MB: Outdoor Adventure Women's Group
- Federation des ainés franco-manitobains inc.
- Get Better Together (Wellness Institute)
- Good Neighbours Active Living Centre
- Healthy Aging Resource Team
- Library Services
- Manitoba Association of Senior Centres
- Manitoba Fitness Council
- Manitoba Senior Slo-Pitch Tournament League
- Manitoba Stick Curling Association
- Manitoba Aboriginal Sports and Recreational Council
- Meals on Wheels
- Men Sheds
- Right at Home
- Royal Winnipeg Ballet
- Sanofi Pasteur
- Senior Scope
- Seniors Resource Finders of Winnipeg
- St. James Assiniboia 55+ Centre
- Transportation Options Network for Seniors
- U of M Centre on Aging
- Victoria Lifeline
- Volunteer Manitoba
- Winnipeg Free Press