The first in a series of new programs and services for Manitoba's athletes, this brand NEW multi-sport camp developed by Sport Manitoba's Sport Performance Specialists at the Canada Games Sport for Life Centre in Winnipeg features a variety of activities that promote and develop key athletic attributes such as confidence, teamwork, sport science knowledge, functional foundations, and multi-sport skills.
This camp is open to kids aged 12-15 who love being active, are competitive, want to try new activities and will play junior-high or high-school sports in the fall.
Summer Camp Schedule
In collaboration with our Provincial Sport Organization experts, daily sport showcases will start each day featuring skills and mini-games led by some of our provincial coaches and athletes. The morning will conclude with sport science foundational skills such as proper warm-ups, foam rolling, strength training and more.Our lunch hour will take place in the classroom so we can talk and teach campers about Manitoba's athlete development pathway, how to properly fule your body, Q & A with performance athlete guests, goal setting and more. The afternoon will be spent teaching campers proper strength training techniques and programs. We'll close the day with fun mini-games and classes that develop campers' speed, agility, coordination and more.
To print or view our schedule* for the week please click here.
If your child wants to try a variety of sports, further their sport career and is open to learning what it takes to be a well-rounded athlete, this is the summer camp for them!
Sports camp program includes*:
- Sport showcases include badminton, basketball, volleyball, ultimate, and table tennis
- Reaction and communication games: dodgeball, tchoukball, spike (reaction) ball, handball
- Strength & conditioning training: introductory, intermediate, or advanced based on experience
- Fitness classes: yoga, spin, TRX
- Performance testing: speed, change of direction, strength
- Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame: scavenger hunt and trivia
- Special guest speakers: including professional athletes and sport science experts
- Lunch + learn sessions : nutrition, cognitive skills, long-term athlete development
- Two semi-private after-school training sessions in the Canada Games Sport for Life Performance Centre ($50 value) (valid September 4 - October 31, 2018) (Semi-private sessions run 3:00 p.m - 5:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday)
Canada Games Sport for Life Centre | 145 Pacific Avenue | Winnipeg, Manitoba
August 13 - 17, 2018
Daily, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Drop-off: 8 – 9 a.m.
- Program starts at 9 a.m.
- Program ends at 4 p.m.
- Pick-up: 4 – 5 p.m.
- $239 + tax
What to bring:
We will email you (using the address provided during registration) a registration package with all the information you need to attend camp. We will let you know what to bring, late policies, code of conduct and more.
For more information please contact one of our Sport Peformance Specialists:
*Sport program and schedule are subject to change.