By Hailey Unger, Coach Education Coordinator
At Sport Manitoba we fund and plan sports programs to promote the development of vibrant citizens, athletes and communities in Manitoba. One of Sport Manitoba’s key functions is the training, development, and continued support of our province’s coaches. We recognize the integral role coaches play in our communities, and we strive to impart this integrity into our training and certification courses offered to all levels of coaches, throughout the year.
Reporting to the Coach Manager, the Coordinator is responsible for coordination of the delivery of the NCCP multisport program and non-NCCP courses in Manitoba as well as providing support to the Coach Recognition programs
- Relevant degree in recreation or sport/business administration;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in related work/volunteer experience in amateur sport delivery;
- Good working knowledge of the NCCP program;
- Knowledge of the Manitoba amateur sport system and an understanding of coaches needs from community to high performance;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with coaches from all avenues in sport;
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere;
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset;
- Proficiency with common office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel;
- Must be able to work extra time outside of normal office hours as required;
- Some travel required.
Please submit in Microsoft Word or PDF format your confidential professional resume, salary expectations and three references by email, no later than February 18th, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
* An equal opportunity employer.