This course will consist of 3 modules:
Teaching and Learning - upon completing the module you will be able to:
- assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
- analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
- create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
- appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive and motor dimensions of learning;
- the use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
- a sound organization;
- active supervision; and
- the use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time and with the right frequency.
- use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.
Design a Basic Sport Program module will teach you to:
- create a sound outline for your sport program that includes competition and training events;
- compare your program to those outlined by the NCCP in terms of long-term athlete development;
- assess the athletic development opportunities your program offers, and identify ways to remedy any weaknesses;
- interpret the information in a sample program, identifying training priorities and objectives at certain periods; and
- establish a link between your program’s training objectives and the content of practice sessions.
The Basic Mental Skills module gives you the ability to:
- recognize signs indicating that an athlete may need to improve his/her goal setting, focus, and anxiety control skills; and develop tools to help the athlete to make improvements in these areas; and
- run simple guided activities that help athletes improve basic mental skills.
NOTE: Participants must attend both days to get credit for all 3 modules.
Hours of classes are Friday October 12 from 6:30pm until 10:00pm and Saturday October 13 from 8:30am until 3:30pm
If you want to register for only one of the modules please contact Susan Lamboo. Please see contact information provided below
Please register online by clicking on the link below. Log into your Locker account then go to the month that the course is being offered then click on the day of the course. Here you will be able to register and pay for the course.