This module is a perfect next-step after the Design a Basic Sport Program module. It is recommended that the Performance Planning module be taken before the Advanced Practice Planning module.
After completing the Performance Planning module, you will be able to:
- perform a thorough analysis of the demands of your athletes’ sport at the elite (high-performance) level.
- outline a program structure based on training and competition opportunities.
- identify appropriate measures for promoting athlete development within your own program.
- integrate yearly training priorities into your own program.
- organize and sequence training priorities and objectives on a weekly basis to optimize adaptations.
- evaluate the ability of your athletes/team to perform up to their potential in competition.
As coaches begin to take on more responsibility, they are expected to plan and execute tasks that go beyond the delivery of daily training and the management of the daily training environment.
For individual training sessions to effectively contribute to the overall objectives of an annual training plan, a coach must understand the outcome of each training session and how their cumulative effects will contribute to athletic development.
Course hours are Friday April 26 from 6:00pm to 10:00pm and Saturday April 27 from 8:30am to 4:30pm
Please register online by clicking on the link below. Log into your Locker account then go to the month that the course is being offered then click on the day of the course. Here you will be able to register and pay for the course.