We are excited that as part of the Coaching Association of Canada’s commitment to providing up-to-date, and sustainable coach education, NCCP Sport Nutrition has been updated, and adapted into an eLearning module. The new eLearning will provide coaches with an engaging and accessible means of understanding the basics of sport nutrition. The new format will allow them to access this eLearning at any time or place, and on the technology device of their choice. We invite you to use the tools and resources included in this toolkit to update the information you have regarding NCCP Sport Nutrition on your web page, and encourage you to promote the eLearning across your networks.
For additional information, or to learn more about NCCP Sport Nutrition, please visit our information pages:
After completing NCCP Sport Nutrition, coaches will be able to:
- Explain the basic nutritional needs of an athlete
- Take appropriate measures to ensure that athletes stay hydrated during exercise
- Educate athletes on the use of nutritional supplements and sports drinks
- Encourage a positive body image in athletes
- Identify the different types of disordered eating
- Support athletes with special nutritional needs
- Identify common food allergies and intolerances
- Provide accurate guidance to athletes and their parents or caregivers on nutrition before, during and after exercise
- Provide accurate nutritional guidance to athletes and their parents or caregivers before and during travel
Good nutrition is important for both athletic performance and maintaining a healthy lifestyle outside of sport. By helping their participants make good nutrition choices, coaches not only empower them to perform their best, they also help them establish positive dietary habits that can last a lifetime.
The NCCP Sport Nutrition module provides coaches with education about basic sport nutrition principles. This 40-60-minute eLearning will provide an understanding of how to support athletes and their parents or caregivers to make effective nutrition choices. Visit the eLearning page in the Locker to get started, or learn more here.
*This information is courtesy of the Coaching Association of Canada.