Thanks Coach! Is a program that recognizes the often unheralded but very important role coaches play in their communities. Thanks Coach! pays tribute to those Manitoba Games coaches who display leadership, sportsmanship and fair play and help shape our athletes in becoming our future role models.
Recipients of the Thanks Coach! Award will be recognized during the Manitoba Games powered by Manitoba Hydro will be featured on the Coaching Manitoba website and may be profiled by the Manitoba media.
Thanks Coach! Nomination Criteria
To be eligible for the Thanks Coach! Award, the coach must be coaching at the Games and:
- Be nominated by an athlete, manager, official, parent, fellow coach, or mission staff.
- Be considered competent and knowledgeable by their peers.
- Consistently demonstrate concern for athletes above and beyond their performance in the athletic arena.
- Consistently serve as a role model for athletes and other coaches by demonstrating good sportsmanship, concern for the personal growth of their athletes, and adherence to community standards and values.
- Have completed at least one component of NCCP training.
- Must be actively certified in Respect in Sport.
Candidates are subject to final approval by the Thanks Coach! Selection Committee.
Nominations can be submitted as follows...
Prior to the Games:
Mail your nomination to:
c/o Coaching Manitoba
145 Pacific Ave
Winnipeg MB R3C 4M2
At the Games:
Drop your nomination form in the boxes located at the Cafeteria, Athletes’ Village or Youth Lounge.
LAST CHANCE SUBMISSION AT THE GAMES:
Phase 1 coaches: Tuesday, March 6 at 8:00 p.m.
Phase 2 coaches: Friday, March 9 at 6:00p.m.