July 8, 2019 - Winnipeg, MB – The Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame announced the class of 2019 today, revealing the seven individuals and one time dynasty who will be inducted on November 2, 2019. The Induction Ceremonies will be held at the Victoria Inn in Winnipeg, continuing the celebration of the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame's 40th anniversary. The 2019 inductees are:
- Charles Baksh (Athlete) - Cricket
- Susanne Dandenault (Athlete) - Athletics/Weightlifting
- Don Hornby (Builder) - Rowing
- Jon Montgomery (Athlete) - Skeleton
- Maureen Orchard (Builder) - Basketball/Wheelchair Baksetball
- Michelle Stilwell (Athlete) - Wheelchair Sport
- Hector Vergara (Builder) - Soccer
- 1987/1988/1989 Brandon University Bobcats (Team) - Basketball
"It's always an exciting day for everyone when we announce who will become a part of this exclusive group of incredible athletes, builders and teams who will forever represent Manitoba in sport," said Sport Manitoba President & CEO, Jeff Hnatiuk. "We are all looking forward to the Induction Ceremonies in November, where we dedicate a formal, memorable evening to recognizing their accomplishments."
This year's Induction Ceremonies mark 40 years of the annual event, where friends, family and the public are invited to come together and celebrate the inductees who are commemorated for their outstanding achievement in sport.
"This is a remarkable and well-deserving slate of inductees," said Jason Treloar, Chair of the Board of Directors for the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame. "They embody the kind of perseverance and excellence that our sport community commends and is inspired by, and that is exactly why we are grateful to have them become a part of the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame."
Tickets for the Induction Ceremonies on November 2, 2019 will go on sale September 1, 2019.