By Nolan Kowal, Sport Performance Specialist
The City of Dauphin, Mountain View School Division and the 2020 Dauphin Manitoba Games Host Society Inc. are proud to welcome over 1,800 athletes, coaches, managers and officials for the Manitoba Summer Games Powered by Manitoba Hydro, from August 9 – 15, 2020.
This is a summer term position that begins on May 11, 2020.
The successful candidate will work out of the Games office in Dauphin, Manitoba, and report to the Games Co-Chairs and Games Coordinator of the 2020 Dauphin Manitoba Games Host Society Inc.; a volunteer-based Board of Directors.
The Assistant Games Coordinator will need to be a highly motivated individual with experience in event management, sponsorship and marketing activities, and have a demonstrated the ability to work with volunteers. This individual must possess strong communication, leadership, organizational and multitasking skills. A background in sport and recreation and / or event planning is also desired. The Assistant Coordinator must be self-motivated, able to attend after-hours meetings and be available to work flexible hours.
- Participate in and support executive and committee meetings as required, ensuring there is communication between the various committees
- Assist the Games Coordinator to act as a resource link for all major partners in the Games program including the Host Society, Sport Manitoba, the City of Dauphin, Mountain View School Division, the official Games Sponsors and the local Friends of the Games, etc.
- Support the Host Society co-chairs, the executive committee and their various committees in executing their tasks, timelines and work plans, including venue readiness. Assist the Games Coordinator and Revenue Generation Committee to ensure sponsorship commitments and contracts are met
- Assist the Games Coordinator’s work with Sport Manitoba to ensure the Games Hosting Standards, timelines, policies and procedures are maintained
- Assist in the operation of the Games office including: ensuring that all communication is responded to, maintaining executive and committee meeting schedules; coordinate the use of electronic and physical file management and inventory management
- Reside in Dauphin or surrounding area for the duration of the work contract
- Post-Secondary Education / enrolled in Recreation Management or related experience
- Post-Secondary Education / enrolled in Business Administration or related experience
- Experience in managing large scale sporting or public events, and working with volunteers
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and must have access to a vehicle
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer skills
Submit a resume and a cover letter (by email) in confidence including salary expectations on or before March 6, 2020 to: 2020 Dauphin Manitoba Games Host Society Inc. Attn: Host Committee Co-Chairs