By Amber Doyle
Fit Kids Healthy Kids Program Facilitator Opportunity
Availability must include days, evenings, and weekends.
Reporting to: Fit Kids Healthy Kids Coordinator
Sport Manitoba, a non-profit organization, the planning, programming and funding agency for amateur sport in Manitoba is seeking a Fit Kids Healthy Kids Program Facilitator to deliver programming based on physical literacy and the development of fundamental movement skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in planning, creating, implementing, organizing, and facilitating Fit Kids Healthy Kids programming throughout Manitoba.
- Aid in the outreach to agencies, programs, and events, in specified but not limited to low income, underserved communities in Winnipeg and Manitoba to promote the Fit Kids Healthy Kids program and physical literacy.
- Facilitate weekly programs with various community partners based on fundamental movement skills and the Fit Kids Healthy Kids model.
- Act as a role model for the children involved in all aspects of the program (ages 2-12).
- Preparation of reports related to delivery, partnerships and successes of programs.
- Work with and lead community partners, volunteers and youth mentors.
- Build leadership capacity at the community level.
Education and Experience:
- Have or working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology, Recreation, Education, Health Promotion, or in a related field.
- Experience working with and delivering children’s programming for multiple ages. Ability to work with children under 6 is preferred.
- Experience in a gym setting developing programs and leading multi-skill games.
- Ability to carry and transport equipment for programming.
- The ability and willingness to travel throughout the designated region and work irregular hours when deemed necessary. Access to a reliable motor vehicle and a valid driver’s license is required.
- Must provide a criminal record check with vulnerable sector search that has been done within 6 months of application to the position.
Aware of and/or understand:
- Community development principles and approaches.
- Benefits of physical activity and understanding of the importance of physical literacy in the LTAD (long term athlete development) model.
- Working with diverse communities.
- Managing projects, programs and special events.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong organization, planning, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability and energy to work with children 2-12 as a leader and role model
- Knowledge and ability to work in Microsoft office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- A valid First Aid Certificate
- Bilingual (English/French)
Please submit in Microsoft Word or PDF format your confidential cover letter and resume including references via email. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Send to the attention of:
Sport Manitoba is an equal opportunity employer.