By Amber Doyle
The Town of Niverville, Hanover School Division and the 2022 Niverville Manitoba Games Host Society Inc. are proud to welcome over 1,800 athletes, coaches, managers and officials for the Manitoba Winter Games Powered by Manitoba Hydro, from February 27 – March 5, 2022.
The successful candidate will work out of the Games office in Niverville, Manitoba. Work is routine but varied and will include some evening and weekend work.
The Games Assistant will represent the 2022 Manitoba Winter Games Powered by Manitoba Hydro by providing a high standard of service to all partners, both internal and external while responding to inquiries and promoting the Games. The Games Assistant will also provide administrative support, and work under the general supervision of the Games Coordinator.
The Games Assistant will need to be a highly motivated individual who possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills, is solution-oriented when problem-solving, and shows exceptional teamwork and organizational contribution. The Games Assistant must be self-motivated, available to work flexible hours and attend evening and/or weekend meetings as required.
- Assist the Games Coordinator by linking all major partners in the Games program; including the Host Society, Sport Manitoba, Town of Niverville, Hanover School Division, the official Games Sponsors and the local Friends of Games, etc.
- Actively participate in meetings, planning and training initiatives, and contribute ideas to the Games program and the Host Society.
- Participate in and support executive and committee meetings, ensuring that there is communication between various committees. Set up/host meetings, report minutes, create agendas and initiate correspondences.
- Achieve a high level of prompt, efficient and friendly service to all partners.
- Maintain open communication with other staff and volunteers to ensure a friendly and efficient work environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to The Games Mission statement.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with sponsor and volunteer requests and information.
- Assist with FOG fundraising; including data input, organizing sponsorship tracking, budget maintenance and updates, collaboration with the Finance Committee.
- Experience in managing/volunteering at large-scale sporting or public events is an asset.
- Knowledge of sport/event management processes.
- Proficient time management skills.
- Experience working with cash and finances.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Solution-based problem-solving.
- Post-secondary education in recreation, sports administration, business administration or related experience preferred; minimum Grade 12 diploma with related experience.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals to prioritize and manage deadlines and competing priorities.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and must have access to a vehicle.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Zoom, and general computer skills.
- Child Abuse Registry Check and Criminal Record Check must be complete prior to employment.
Submit resume and a cover letter (by email) in confidence including salary expectations on or before September 17th, 2021 to:
2022 Niverville Manitoba Games Host Society Inc.
ATTN: Host Committee Co-Chairs