By Amber Doyle
The Sport Manitoba Fitness Centre is designed to accommodate and support the health and fitness goals of all members and guests. We are seeking a contract Personal Trainer to join our team. In addition to specific credentials, strong customer service principles and practices along with basic computer skills are necessary to succeed in this role.
Under the direction of the Fitness Centre Manager, Personal Trainers will lead, instruct, and motivate individuals or groups in exercise activities, including cardiovascular exercise, strength training, and stretching with the delivery of personal training services and group fitness classes. They work with people of all ages and skill levels.
- An undergraduate degree or masters in kinesiology or exercise science
- At least one professional designation – NSCA-CSCS, NSCA-CPT, CSEP-CEP, or CSEP-CPT (or willing to obtain)
- Certified First Aid and CPR
- FMS Level 1 certification (or willing to obtain)
- Experience working with a variety of clients from all fitness backgrounds
- Additional certification(s) in the field may be considered
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
- Administer fitness assessments and create custom-tailored fitness programs for groups or individuals
- Demonstrate how to carry out various exercises and routines
- Observe clients training and correct techniques to minimize injury risk and improve fitness
- Offer and demonstrate alternative exercises during workouts for different levels of fitness and skill
- Monitor clients’ progress and adapt programs as needed
- Offer clients information and resources about weight control and lifestyle challenges
- Provide emergency first aid if required
- Plan, lead, demonstrate and modify workouts to small and large group fitness classes.
- Ensure high-quality customer service is maintained before, during and after fitness classes.
- Set-up and clean up studio/class space and confirm attendance is accurate
- Answer questions participants may have before, during or after class
- Number of hours to be worked per week will fluctuate depending on the number of clients or fitness classes assigned. Typically ranging from 10-20 hours per week
- Peak times are typically early morning, around lunch, early evenings and weekends
Please submit in Microsoft Word or PDF format your confidential resume to Denyne Symak, Fitness Centre Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
* An equal opportunity employer.