Carla and Clayton are busy preparing Dauphin to host the 2020 Manitoba Games powered by Manitoba Hydro. Get to know our co-chairs!
Carla has extensive experience in sport event management in her capacity as the former National Teams Coordinator for Volleyball Canada. Her past events include working in various roles in World League, Olympic and World Championship Qualifiers, and the 2007 Pan Am Games in Rio de Janeiro. Upon return to her hometown of Dauphin in 2009, Carla worked in tourism and recreation but has now taken over the family business with her husband. She is happy to follow in the footsteps of her dad, Jim Steiner, who was co-chair of the 2004 Manitoba Games in Dauphin.
- Fun fact: She’s lived in four different countries
- What's one quote that inspires you: “Delegation is my strongest asset.” - Clayton Swanton
- Do you have any nicknames?: C-la, Car
- What is your go-to karaoke song?: “Livin’ on a Prayer” - Bon Jovi
- What is your most used emoji:
Clayton has a history of local event management as he is highly involved with the Rotary Club where he served as President in 2011-2012, and is a founding director of their major fundraiser, The Manitoba MudRun. Clayton is also a past Board Member of the Countryfest Community Cinema where he served on the Board during the construction phase of the project and through its first year of operation, and is a past Vice-President of the Gilbert Plains Golf and Country Club. Clayton knows the value of empowerment through sport having completed two Ironman distance triathlons along with a 150-mile and a 100-mile Ultra Marathon and many shorter distance events.
- Fun Fact: He once lost 5 baby teeth in 1 day (and not because he got punched in the mouth!)
- What's one quote that inspires you: “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again…who at best knows in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” - Theodore Roosevelt
- Do you have any nicknames?: C-Dawg
- What is your go-to karaoke song?: “Friends in low places” - Garth Brooks
- What is your most used emoji?