By Gena Cook, Coaching Administrator
September 19 – 27, 2020, marks the Sixth Annual National Coaches Week and we’re asking everyone across Canada to help celebrate with us!
National Coaches Week is a time to celebrate the tremendous positive impact coaches have on athletes and communities across Canada. This week is an opportunity to recognize coaches for the integral role they play by simply saying #ThanksCoach.
With virtual activities held across the country to celebrate coaching, National Coaches Week provides coaches with the recognition they deserve for the time they devote to ensuring Canadians live an active, healthy lifestyle.
We will be offering online NCCP courses and free professional development (PD) throughout the week:
FREE Online Courses Through the Locker
• NCCP Coach Initiation Sport https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#CIS-E
• NCCP Coaching Athletes with a Disability https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#CAWAD-E
• NCCP Making Headway in Sport https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#MHW
• NCCP Emergency Action Plan https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#EAP-E
• NCCP Nutrition https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#SN-E
• NCCP Safe Sport Training https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#SS
FREE NCCP Online Courses for Manitoba Coaches Through Sport Manitoba Coaching
• Sunday, Sept. 20 from 6 pm-10 pm – NCCP Make Ethical Decisions
• Monday, Sept. 21 from 6 pm-9 pm – NCCP Leading Drug Free Sport
• Tuesday, Sept. 22 from 8 pm-9 pm – Canada Games Coaches (Closed Session)
• Wednesday, Sept. 23 from 5 pm-9:30 pm – NCCP Managing Conflict
• Wednesday, Sept. 23 from 10 am-11:30 am – Supporting your coaches! (Non-NCCP)
• Thursday, Sept. 24 from 8 pm-9:30 pm – Female Mentorship Kick-Off (Closed Session – Zoom)
• Sunday, Sept. 27 from 9 am-1 pm – NCCP Managing a Sport Program
FREE In-Person NCCP/PD Courses for Manitoba Coaches
• Sunday, Sept. 20 from 9 am-12:30 pm – Basic Taping
• Monday, Sept. 21 from 9 am-4:30 pm – NCCP Mentorship
• Friday, Sept. 25 from 5:00 pm – 7pm – Leadership Philosophy Sharing Circle & Traditional Games
hosted by MASRC
• Saturday, Sept. 26 from 9 am-4 pm – Aboriginal Coaching Module hosted by MASRC
All online and in-person courses listed above are FREE to Manitoba coaches during National Coaches Week. Anyone who takes a course throughout the week will be entered into a draw for prize packs.
To register, please email Bree Langlais, Sport Manitoba Coaching’s Coach Education Coordinator, at
email@example.com. Limited spots available.
You can also visit the Sport Manitoba Coaching News & Events page for a list of free NCCP courses offered during National Coaches Week.
How can you get involved? Glad you asked!
Thank your coach through a video or message on social media using #ThanksCoach and tag @SportManitoba on Twitter and Instagram or @SportMB on Facebook. There will be prize packs for the most creative and liked post!
Note: Sport Manitoba Coaching has financial assistance for PSO initiatives to recognize your coaches during this week. Please contact Susan Lamboo at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
For more national information check out the Coaching Association of Canada NCW page.