By Gena Cook, Coaching Administrator
September 18 – 26, 2021, marks the seventh annual National Coaches Week! National Coaches Week is a time to celebrate the tremendous positive impact coaches have on athletes and communities across Canada. This week is an opportunity to recognize coaches for the integral role they play by simply saying #ThanksCoach.
National Coaches Week provides coaches with the recognition they deserve for the time they devote to ensuring Canadians live an active, healthy lifestyle and in Manitoba, Sport Manitoba Coaching has lots of ways to get involved.
Coach Appreciation Event!
Join us for a FREE Trivia night on Friday, September 24 from 8:00 pm to 9:30 pm.
Prizes to be won!!
To register please contact Bree Cruise
A Week of Giveaways!
Sport Manitoba Coaching will be giving away swag, gift cards, and Winnipeg Jets tickets for their home preseason game on Oct. 6. Post a message or video on social media thanking your coach to be entered to win! Use #ThanksCoach and tag @SportManitoba on Twitter and Instagram or @SportMB on Facebook.
Note: Sport Manitoba Coaching has financial assistance for PSO initiatives that recognize your coaches during this week. Please contact Susan Lamboo at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
For national campaign information check out the Coaching Association of Canada NCW page.
For more information on this week’s events, please contact Sport Manitoba Coaching at email@example.com
FREE NCCP Online Courses – Sport Manitoba Coaching
- Saturday, Sept. 18 from 8:30 am – 1:00 pm – NCCP Coaching & Leading Effectively 1/2
- Sunday, Sept. 19 from 8:30 am – 1:00 pm – NCCP Coaching & Leading Effectively 2/2
- Monday, Sept. 20 from 6:00 pm-10:00 pm – NCCP Make Ethical Decisions
- Tuesday, Sept. 21 from 8:00 pm-9:30 pm – Canada Games Coaches (Closed Session)
- Wednesday, Sept. 22 from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm – Gender Neutral Language Training for Manitoba Coaches
- Thursday, Sept. 23 from 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm – NCCP Basic Mental Skills
- Sunday, Sept 26 from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm – NCCP Make Ethical Decisions
FREE In-Person Courses – Sport Manitoba Coaching – 145 Pacific Avenue
- Saturday, Sept. 25 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm – Aboriginal Coaching Module
- Sunday, Sept 26 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm – NCCP Fundamental Movement Skills
All online and in-person courses listed above are FREE to Manitoba coaches during National Coaches Week.
To register for Sport Manitoba Coaching’s online or in-person courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE Online Courses – The Locker
- NCCP Coach Initiation Sport https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#CIS-E
- NCCP Coaching Athletes with a Disability https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#CAWAD-E
- NCCP Making Headway in Sport https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#MHW
- NCCP Emergency Action Plan https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#EAP-E
- NCCP Nutrition https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#SN-E
- Safe Sport Training https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#SS
- Mental Health in Sport: https://coach.ca/mental-health-sport
- Leading a Return to Sport Participation: https://coach.ca/leading-return-sport-participation
- Support Through Sport: Understanding Teen Dating Violence: https://coach.ca/support-through-sport-understanding-teen-dating-violence