This course will consist of three modules:
Planning a Practice module will give you the skills to:
- organize a well-structured practice plan with safe, age-appropriate activities you’ve designed to match the proficiency level of participants;
- identify potential risk factors that could impact the sport and practice activities;
- create an emergency action plan; and
- identify practice goals and design activities that offer the best training benefits for the athletic skills required in your sport.
Make Ethical Decisions - by successfully completing this module you will be fully equipped to handle virtually any ethical situation with confidence and surety.
MED is one of the NCCP’s cornerstone workshops, and leaves coaches with no doubt as to what to do when the going gets tough.
Upon completing the MED module you’ll be able to:
- analyze a challenging situation and determine if it has moral, legal or ethical implications;
- apply the NCCP Ethical Decision-Making Model to properly respond to each situation in a way that is consistent with the NCCP Code of Ethics.
MED training helps coaches identify the legal, ethical and moral implications of difficult situations that present themselves in the world of team and individual sport.
Successful completion of the MED online evaluation is necessary for certification in any NCCP program.
Nutrition - after taking the module you will be able to:
- determine if foods and beverages consumed by your athletes before, during and after training are adequate;
- offer suggestions for more suitable food and beverage alternatives when necessary;
- gain a better understanding of the best way to promote healthy food choices that are consistent with basic sport nutrition principles to both athletes and their parents.
Course hours are Friday September 14 - 6:30pm to 10:00pm and Saturday September 15 - 8:30am until 3:30pm.
NOTE: Participants must attend both days to get credit for all 3 modules.
If you want to register for only one of the modules please contact Susan Lamboo. Please see contact information provided below
Please register online by clicking on the link below. Log into your Locker account then go to the month that the course is being offered then click on the day of the course. Here you will be able to register and pay for the course.