This course consists of three modules: Planning a Practice, Nutrition and Make Ethical Decisions.
The Planning a Practice module will give you the skills to:
- organize a well-structured practice plan with safe, age-appropriate activities you’ve designed to match the proficiency level of participants;
- identify potential risk factors that could impact the sport and practice activities;
- create an emergency action plan; and
- identify practice goals and design activities that offer the best training benefits for the athletic skills required in your sport.
By successfully completing the Make Ethical Decisions workshop you will be fully equipped to handle virtually any ethical situation with confidence and surety.
MED is one of the NCCP’s cornerstone workshops, and leaves coaches with no doubt as to what to do when the going gets tough.
Upon completing the MED module you’ll be able to:
- analyze a challenging situation and determine if it has moral, legal or ethical implications;
- apply the NCCP Ethical Decision-Making Model to properly respond to each situation in a way that is consistent with the NCCP Code of Ethics.
After taking the Nutrition module you will be able to:
- determine if foods and beverages consumed by your athletes before, during and after training are adequate;
- offer suggestions for more suitable food and beverage alternatives when necessary;
- gain a better understanding of the best way to promote healthy food choices that are consistent with basic sport nutrition principles to both athletes and their parents.