The Performance Planning course is a competition development course and will be held over four days in three-hour sessions. The fee is $100.
Attendance in all sessions is mandatory to receive credit for the course.
Course dates and times:
January 10, 2023: 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
January 12, 2023: 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
January 14, 2023: 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
January 17, 2023: 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
This module is the perfect next step after the Design a Basic Sport Program module. It is highly recommended that the Developing Athletic Abilities module be taken before the Performance Planning module.
After completing the Performance Planning module, you will be able to:
- Perform a thorough analysis of the demands of your athletes’ sport at the elite (HP) level;
- Outline a program structure based on training and competition opportunities;
- Identify appropriate measures for promoting athlete development within your own program;
- Integrate yearly training priorities into your own program;
- Organize and sequence training priorities and objectives on a weekly basis to optimize adaptations;
- Evaluate the ability of your athlete/team to perform up to their potential in competition.
For more information and to register, please sign in to the Locker and go to Calendar. You can also register for online courses in other provinces if you would like. Just click “all provinces” in the Locker Calendar to see options.
For courses for Ontario coaches, please visit the Coaches Association of Ontario website.