After taking the NCCP Prevention and Recovery module, you will have the knowledge needed to:
- Identify common injuries in your sport and develop appropriate prevention and recovery strategies to keep your athletes injury-free during training and competition;
- Offer valuable information and guidance on hydration, nutrition, and sleep as they relate to injury prevention;
- Choose skills and drills that help athletes perform appropriate warm-ups and cool-downs;
- Develop functional evaluations for an athlete’s return to play;
- Implement recovery and regeneration techniques to help an athlete maintain or return to optimal performance post-injury.
To register, please go to either our website or sign in to the Locker and go to Calendar. You can also register for online courses in other provinces. Just click “all provinces” in the Locker Calendar to see options.
For Ontario coaches, please register for the course through the Coaches Association of Ontario website.