The Grey Cup Legacy Fund was established by the Grey Cup Festival Committee, with the surplus funds arising from the 1991 Grey Cup Game in Winnipeg. The fund promotes excellence in football and other sports in Manitoba through the development of coaching expertise.
The activities supported by the fund include:
- Coaching scholarships of $1,500 given to individuals sponsored by a Manitoba university or Provincial Sport Organization.
- Grants of up to $4,000 in support of coaching seminars given to a sponsoring institution (university or relevant sport association).
- Grants of up to $3,000 in support of a "Coach in Residence" program to facilitate extended visits by experts who are relevant to coaching development given to a sponsoring university, Provincial Sport Organization, or related association.
- Internships of up to $1,500 given to a host organization wishing to further develop a student's professional skills.
- Awarding of a prize for the "High School Coach of the Year".
Please see individual applications for the annual deadline date for grants. * NEW- Dealine date of June 30, 2019 with the exception of the High School Coach of the Year which is May 31, 2019*