By Sarah Tone, Communications Coordinator
National Coaches Week encourages Canadians to say thanks and to celebrate the tremendous positive impact coaches have on athletes and communities. This week is an opportunity to recognize coaches for the integral role they play by simply saying #ThanksCoach.
Sport Manitoba Coaching’s National Coaches Week Schedule
Check out the FREE courses, activities, and professional development opportunities we’re offering this week!
Note: All Manitoban coaches who register and attend the National Coaches Week courses listed below will be reimbursed. Manitoba coaches – please email email@example.com prior to registering. There are limited spots available!
- Saturday, September 16th, 2023
- NCCP Managing Conflict – 10:00 am – 4:30 pm via Zoom (to register: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/9357)
- Sunday, September 17th, 2023
- NCCP Design a Basic Sport Program – 9:00 am – 2:00 pm via Zoom (to register: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/9354)
- Monday, September 18th, 2023
- NCCP Make Ethical Decisions – 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm @ Sport Manitoba, 145 Pacific Avenue (to register: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/9366)
- Tuesday, September 19th, 2023
- Dollars & Donuts – Grants Q&A – drop-in from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm @ Sport Manitoba Coaching, 201-145 Pacific Avenue
- NCCP Coaching & Leading Effectively (Session 1 of 2) – 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm @ Sport Manitoba, 145 Pacific Avenue (to register: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/9358)
- Wednesday, September 20th, 2023
- Locker Training – How To & Q&A – drop-in from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm @ Sport Manitoba Coaching, 201-145 Pacific Avenue
- NCCP Coaching & Leading Effectively (Session 2 of 2) – 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm @ Sport Manitoba, 145 Pacific Avenue (to register: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/9358)
- Thursday, September 21st, 2023
- Transitioning From Athlete to Coach – Professional Development Session –7:15 pm – 8:15 pm via Zoom (to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Friday, September 22nd, 2023
- Respect in Sport Administration Training – 10:00 am – 11:00 am via Zoom (to register, please email email@example.com)
- Saturday, September 23rd, 2023
- NCCP Make Ethical Decisions – 9:00 am – 1:00 pm via Zoom (to register: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/9355)
- Taping 1 Course – 9:00 am – 1:00 pm @ Sport Manitoba, 145 Pacific Avenue (to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sunday, September 24th, 2023
- NCCP Core Training for Learning Facilitators – 9:00 am – 4:30 pm via Zoom (to register: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/9353)
Free CAC eLearning Modules
CAC is making certain NCCP eLearning modules FREE for National Coaches Week!
One module per day is free of charge – ONLY for that day. Coaches can access these modules on the Locker.
Say #ThanksCoach on Social Media
Sport Manitoba will share #ThanksCoach videos to highlight the amazing contributions of our Manitoba coaches. We encourage you to thank your coaches on social media, too! Post a message and/or video on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook with the hashtag #ThanksCoach and tag @SportManitoba on Twitter and Instagram, or @SportMB on Facebook.
From September 18-22, the Paul Robson Resource Centre for Leadership and Coaching, located at 201-145 Pacific Avenue, will be available for #ThanksCoach video filming, and coaches can receive goodies!
Female Mentorship Program – Mentees Wanted
Do you have up-and-coming female coaches who could use a female mentor to provide support and guidance in the sport world? Sport Manitoba Coaching is looking for mentees for our Female Mentorship Program! Click here to download the mentee application.
Sport Manitoba Coaching Awards – Winners Announcement
Stay tuned: the winners of this year’s Sport Manitoba Coaching Awards will be announced this week! The nomination deadline is Friday, September 1, 2023. Please submit your nominations before the deadline.
Nomination form links: