By Sarah Tone, Communications Coordinator
The 2022 Manitoba Games powered by Manitoba Hydro Niverville Host Society is looking for Committee Chair volunteers to join our team!
Are you passionate about sports and community? Organized and task-oriented? Do you have experience managing volunteers and want to be a part of Niverville’s history? Consider joining our volunteer leadership team. Committee chairs are responsible for their specific committee tasks within their division.
EX: the Transportation Chair is the lead volunteer responsible for the transportation committee, its volunteers, and its tasks and timelines.
Supported by Sport Manitoba staff, the chairs lead their volunteer division by creating plans, managing budgets, and working collaboratively with other divisions to ultimately put together a successful Games for all.
We are currently looking to fill the following Chair / Co-Chair positions:
- Care & Comfort – Female Athlete Entertainment Co-Chair – plans and implements entertainment for athletes during the week of the Games
- Care & Comfort – Female & Male Village Mayors – greet the athletes as they enter the village, ensure the villages are operational, and address any issues or challenges that arise during the week of the Games
- Care & Comfort – Transportation (VIP) Co-Chair – responsible for the inventory, transportation, and distribution of the vehicles required for accredited VIP’s at the Games & sport officials.
- Hospitality – VIP/Special Events Co-Chair – plans host society tours for all Games planning volunteers, coordinates special events including the Opening and Closing Ceremony VIP receptions
- Operations – Medical – Chief Nursing Officer – schedules nurses in triage and polyclinic, liaises with Chief Medical Officer, Medical Chair, and Chief Therapist
- Sport – Alpine Ski – Admin Chair – assists the committee chair with administrative duties, operational plan, and reporting. No knowledge of or familiarity with alpine ski is required.
These roles require an 11-month commitment leading up to the Games, beginning as soon as possible, with flexible hours throughout the year and a greater time commitment during the week of the Games. The 2022 Manitoba Games powered by Manitoba Hydro take place in Niverville from February 27 – March 5, 2022. For more on the Manitoba Games, click here.
If you are interested in joining our team and would like more information on these roles, please email email@example.com