In accordance with public health guidelines, we have developed new policies and guidelines for your health and wellness. Please respect physical distancing, wash your hands, clean your equipment and follow these guidelines. We are in this together and need your support to help provide a safe environment for all.
- Members and guests must observe the Fitness Centre policies and etiquette at all times.
- Outdoor footwear, food and hot beverages are not permitted in the Fitness Centre.
- Please avoid wearing perfume or scents in the Fitness Centre.
- If you would like to listen to audio of your own choice please use headphones or earbuds as personal speakers are not permitted.
- The Fitness Centre is not responsible for loss, theft or damage to personal property. Please store your personal property in a day locker during your visit. Locks are available for purchase at the desk.
- Outside trainers and/or coaches are not permitted to train clients in our facility.
- Instructions from staff must be adhered to at all times.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry, suspend or cancel membership if rules and policies are not followed. A verbal and/or written warning will be given first. Failure to comply will result in suspension or cancellation of facility access and/or membership without refund.
- Management and staff reserves the right to refuse entry to any person at any time or to remove persons guilty of disruptive or disorderly conduct – including, but not limited to; verbally or physically threatening staff or other persons, swearing aloud, dangerous and/or disruptive behaviour and gaining unauthorized and/or wrongful access.
Entering the Sport Manitoba Facility
- Please use the Fitness Centre App to pre-book your Fitness Centre access time-slot or class prior to visiting the Fitness Centre.
- Please review and complete the COVID-19 screening poster when you arrive at the facility. If you are feeling unwell or have any COVID-19 symptoms please do not enter.
- If possible, please arrive in your workout gear to help limit your time in the change rooms.
- If possible, please bring a full water bottle with you. Water will only be available at our touchless water fountain for bottle refills.
Entering the Sport Manitoba Fitness Centre
- Please sanitize your hands at the sanitization station outside the Fitness Centre doors prior to entering.
- Masks are strongly encouraged during check-in.
- Please sanitize and wash your hands often throughout your visit.
- Please respect physical distancing measures of at least 2 meters between yourself and others. Please refrain from personal contact with others.
- If there is a line-up for entry, please wait on the designated floor decal until it is your turn to check-in.
- If you are new to the Fitness Centre please sign-up online via our APP and reserve your spot. Feel free to email or call the Fitness Centre at (204) 925-5931 if you need assistance.
- Please respect physical distancing measures of at least 2 meters between yourself and others.
- Masks are strongly encouraged in the changerooms.
- Please limit your time in the changeroom.
- Please bring a lock to secure your personal items in the available day lockers. Bags are not permitted on the Fitness Centre floor. Locks are available for purchase if needed.
- Please wipe down your locker before and after use.
On the Floor
- Always wipe down and clean equipment before and after each use.
- Be respectful of others and keep the space organized and clean. Please return and sanitize all free weights and equipment to storage racks after each use.
- Please do not move larger equipment (ie. bikes, rowers, etc.), which have been placed to allow physical distancing guidelines to be adhered to.
- Track is currently limited to 10 people at a time, please adhere to physical distancing guidelines at all times
- Please follow the posted track direction
- Do not stop or stand on the track
- If listening to music with earbuds please have the volume low
- Inside lane is for walking
- Middle lane is for passing
- Outside lane is for running
- Please pass only when it safe to do so
- Pre-booking is required. Please arrive to class 5 minutes prior to start time.
- Please advise your class instructor if you are new, have an injury or medical condition.
- Please stay in your designated training zone. Any free weight equipment used will need to be wiped down and sanitized before and after class.
- If you choose to do a virtual class within the Fitness Centre facility, please ensure you have your own headphones or earbuds to access the audio for class. The Fitness Centre will not have individual audio equipment available for member/guest use.
- Class cancellation policy – Be sure to cancel a minimum of 60 minutes prior to the class start time to avoid forfeiting your class and, when applicable, to allow another member from our waitlist to join.
Exiting the Sport Manitoba Facility
- Please follow signage to exit the Facility, using the North stairwell from the Fitness Centre on L4 and heading down to L1, or the elevator.
- Memberships – There are no refunds, holds, transfers or freezes for any memberships. Cancellation for 6 month or 1 year memberships are granted for medical reasons only with required supporting documents emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation for monthly memberships are available at any time with 30 days notice via email to email@example.com.
- Classes and Passes – Drop-ins, a single class pass and class passes are non-refundable.
Cancellation Policy for Services
- Personal training, nutrition or mental skills services can be cancelled or rescheduled anytime prior to 24 hours of the scheduled session at no additional charge. Cancellation LESS than 24 hours of the scheduled session will be charged in full for that session. Your trainer or coach will utilize that time to work on your program.