Sport Manitoba's programs support the broad spectrum of sport to meet the needs of all Manitobans: from grassroots participation and community development, to the highest levels and achievements of athletes, coaches, and officials.
Sport Manitoba programs:
- Enable participation through KidSport.
- Support Women in Sport initiatives.
- Prepare Team Manitoba for best ever performances in Interprovincial Games.
- Bring participants from across the province together for Manitoba Games powered by Manitoba Hydro
- Recognize and celebrate the achievements of Manitobans through our annual sport awards, annual coach awards, and the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame.
- Provide direct assistance to enhance the development of Manitoba's outstanding athletes and coaches through Regional Athlete Assistance and Coach development.
- Serve the province and promote healthy living in the province through enhanced participation, development, and achievement in sport through our Community Sport Development programs.
- Increase the level and range of participation in sport within Manitoba’s remote, isolated, and inner urban communities through the Canada-Manitoba Sport Development Agreement. This is especially important among Manitoba’s Aboriginal and new immigrant populations.
- Create and support opportunities to enhance health and quality of life through physical movement for all members of the community through our community programming offered in our Canada Games Sport for Life Centre.
- Help children learn the fundamentals of movement that make kids confident and competent in life and sport through a partnership with Doctors Manitoba. Our Fit Kids Healthy Kids program focuses on developing leaders and teaching adults about the importance of physical literacy.
- Build a strong network for our athletes with a disability through our Athletes with a Disability program.
- Inform the sports community about the key issues related to concussion.