Sport Manitoba is the leading planning, programming, and funding agency for the development of amateur sport in Manitoba. The primary focus of Sport Manitoba is on the development of athletes, coaches, officials, and volunteers. We believe that sport is a healthy and positive tool to build strong and vibrant citizens and communities.
- Implements the policy directives of the Province of Manitoba in concert with the Canadian Sport Policy and Manitoba Action Plan for Sport
- Partners with over 100 provincial and community organizations for the development and delivery of programs for the greater participation, and achievement of excellence, in amateur sport by Manitobans.
- Provides over $10 million in funding and services to support the activities of over 300,000 Manitobans who participate in amateur sport activities.
- Leads and supports sport development programs including the Power Smart Manitoba Games, Team Manitoba, Athlete Assistance, Coach development, and Women in Sport.
- Operates the Canada Games Sport for Life Centre, located at 145 Pacific Avenue (East), Winnipeg, Manitoba. Services provided as part of the Canada Games Sport for Life Centre include a Sport Medicine Clinic, Performance Centre, Fitness Centre, Qualico Training Centre and Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame.
- Administers KidSport in Manitoba, a national charity that helps remove barriers and assist less fortunate children participate in sport - So All Kids Can Play!
- Promotes the benefits of sport to all Manitobans, and communicates the sport contributions and achievements of Manitobans.
An athlete-centered Sport Manitoba leads and supports sport for life through access, participation, and achievement in sport by all Manitobans.
Sport Manitoba envisions creating the best sport community through initiative and leadership, and by establishing a highly supportive environment that will enhance the abilities of all Manitobans in their pursuit of excellence and in their joy of effort in amateur sport.