Sport Manitoba has partnered with Sport for Life to deliver the 2022 Sport for Life Canadian Summit in Winnipeg!
Sport Manitoba supports and plans sports programs to promote the development of vibrant citizens, athletes, and communities in Manitoba. Together, Sport Manitoba and Sport for Life will deliver a program that highlights and helps advance these goals, while providing the tools and knowledge needed to strengthen Manitobans through sport and physical activity.
Delegates will have the opportunity to hear from influential and inspiring keynote speakers, as well as from a range of community members and leaders who will present on community-specific topics and issues. These presentations will all connect to the Summit’s theme and streams. A portion of each day’s program will be dedicated to facilitated discussion and workshopping where the delegates will address key issues pertaining to the theme, streams and keynote messages, but with a local focus.
Learn more about the Summit here.
Please save the dates of May 11-12, 2022. Both days will run from 10 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Wednesday, May 11
- Dr. Ibram X. Kendi – Director, Boston University Center for Antiracist Research; #1 New York Times Bestselling Author
- Collen Moyer & Kirby Cote – Accessible Sport Connection MB
- Marika Warner – Change the Game, MLSE Foundation/MLSE LaunchPad
- Dorota Blumczynska – CEO of Manitoba Museum; Refugee Advocate
- Daria Jorquera Palmer, Gololcha Boru & Craig Brown – Anti-Racism in Sport Campaign
- Eve Sotiriadou – Manitoba Islamic Association
Thursday, May 12
- Glen & Nick Hogue – Father-son Olympic and Professional Volleyball Duo; Proponents of Long-Term Development
- Airton Nakamura & Richard Sylvester – Nakamura Judo Club
- Aisha Saintiche – Certified Health Coach; Keynote Speaker; Author
- Adrienne Leslie-Toogood & Bill Johnson – Football Manitoba
- Elizabeth Markwart – Project SCORE
Attendance for both days – $50
Attendance for one day (either May 11 or May 12) – $25
A free lunch is included on both days, and don’t forget to use our location code, WPG2022, to get Manitoba’s rates.
Registration is now live. Follow the button at the bottom of the page or click here to lock in your spot at the 2022 Sport for Life Canadian Summit. You will have to create an account to reserve your spot, and don’t forget to use the code WPG2022 to get Manitoba’s ticket rates!